Aulia Rahmani is currently a Lead UI/UX Designer in Alterra. After finishing her studies in communication, she took up various roles from event organizer to front-end developer. She also writes about UX and design on her Medium and personal website.
What is UX writing and what is the role of a UX writer? In this episode, we chat with Aulia Rahmani to discuss about UX writing - from what UX writers do, how do UX writers play a role in the development of a feature or product, the skills that you need to become a UX writer, to tools and techniques that UX writers often use in their day-to-day job. We also talk about how Aulia’s day-to-day looks like, from being a mother to her hobbies such as writing and playing games.
- Book: Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Menyiapkan Portfolio untuk Menjadi UX Writer (Article in Indonesian)
- A/B Testing dalam UX Writing (Article in Indonesian)
- Book: Don’t Make Me Think oleh Steve Krug
- Book: Emotional Design by Don Norman
- Book: Microcopy by Kinneret Yifrah
02:03 - Auli’s intoduction
09:24 - Auli’s role as Lead UI/UX Designer
15:30 - About UX writing
28:30 - Building a portfolio as a UX writer
30:00 - A/B testing for UX writing
33:10 - UX book recommendations
36:00 - Day-to-day life and hobbies