Adzkia Salima is a software engineer at Genetwister Technologies B.V. Adzkia is a computer science graduate from Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB). Her child dream to be a doctor then took her to continue her master study at Wageningen University & Research majoring in bioinformatics.
What happens when we combine computer science with biology? In this episode, we chat with Adzkia Salima, a software engineer with background in computer science in bioinformatics. We learn so much about bioinformatics, from computer science concepts that you usually use in bioinformatics, how bioinformatics help advance processes that otherwise would take months or even years, to the potential of bioinformatics and agriculture tech especially in Indonesia.
- Rosalind, platform to learn bioinformatics
- MIT Open Courseware: Introduction to Algorithms
- Single nucleotide-polymorphism
- Gene Ontology
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- Indonesia’s rice import and food security policies
- MBTI and programming languages
01:19 - Adzkia’s introduction
08:15 - Bioinformatics
13:13 - Adzkia’s work
22:06 - Business model of Adzkia’s workplace
25:11 - Agriculture tech in Indonesia
31:50 - MBTI for programming languages